June 23rd 2013 at 7:00 AM
The event is a fun way for children with wide ranges of experience, from novice to serious athlete, to participate individually or as part of a 2-3 person team. You won't want to miss food, music, fun and an award for every participant! The JCC Youth Triathlon is open to youth 4-17 years of age (NOTE: Per USA Triathlon Rules, the race age for an athlete is his/her age on Dec 31 of the year of the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the ages categories for the team triathlon?
- Team members totaling 27 years old and under compete on the short course. Team members totaling 28 and over compete on the long course.
Where is the triathlon located?
- The Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City, using the indoor pool for competitors 10 years old and under and the outdoor pool for competitors 11 - 17 years old. The parking lot will be closed to vehicular traffic. The JCC thanks Sprint for the use of their property, allowing us to stay off city streets.
What are the age divisions for awards?
- Age categories are 6 years old, 7 years old, 8 years old, 9 years old, 10 years old, 11 years old, 12 years old, 13 years old, 14 years old, 15 - 17 years old, team 27 years old and under, team 28 years old and over.
What safety measures are being taken?
- Safety is a primary concern. ANSI or Snell approved bike helmets are required during the bicycle portion of the event. Radio/stereo headsets are not permitted. Parents must refrain from entering the transition area and the course while the event is in progress. Any parent assisting a child will result in disqualification. Parents are welcome to cheer from the sidelines. Due to hot and humid comditions that may exist during this time of the yar, drink plenty of water before and during the event.
USA Triathlon Information (Important)
- This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon. All youth participants must be a member of USAT. One day race membership is $10 or $15 for a one year membership and must be purchased in advance of the race or at orientation. A major benefit for parents is that they will not be required to attend every race registration to sign their child's USAT waiver. With the ONE TIME payment, youth triathletes will be eligible to compete in ALL triathlons for the remainder of their annual membership. Visit USAtriathlon.com to purchase youth membership online.
Please contact Erika Aanestad at 913-327-4693 or email@example.com with any further questions.
2012 Race Results
SHORT COURSE (6 - 10 year olds):
>25 yrs and older - long course